Intrepid Advisors is a specialized business consulting firm offering expertise and advisory services regarding the federal and state research and development tax credits to manufacturing and technology companies.
Over the past 30 years, Intrepid Advisors has been highly successful in obtaining the maximum allowable R&D Tax Credits for our clients who are located in the United States. Our outstanding success rate, which speaks for itself, stems from our:
- Extensive knowledge and experience relating to the tax regulations associated with the R&D tax credits
- Expert staff comprised of senior engineers, scientists, tax accountants and other technical advisors who have worked in a variety of industries
We not only help your company get the maximum credit it deserves, we also save you valuable time and resources using our proven process.
We have been working with Intrepid Advisors for over 5 years and they have produced significant savings for us. Their engineering staff is extremely knowledgeable and is very experienced in the understanding and documentation of research and development projects. Their fine work has never been challenged by any taxing authority and continues to provide value to our firm.
A Message from Our President
I'm introduced to the owners and managers of manufacturing and technology-based companies virtually every day, and I find it especially interesting that such a large number of business leaders are unaware or unfamiliar with the research tax credit and the benefits it can provide their companies. - Steve Powers
Steve Powers became President and owner of Intrepid Advisors early in 2009, following many years serving as the Managing Director while the company operated as CCR Cost Recovery Services, a subsidiary of Carlin Charron & Rosen LP. Prior to his joining Intrepid Advisors, he held a position as VP of Engineering as O.S. Walker of Worcester, MA where he gained valuable manufacturing and product development experience.
Steve has expert-level knowledge regarding the IRS regulations for federal and state research credits and has successfully supported his clients through hundreds of IRS and state audits.
Steve holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst and an MBA from Anna Maria College. Steve is also a member of the Tau Beta Pi Engineering Society, the Society of Manufacturing Engineering and the the Society of Plastics Engineers.
Unlike Other R&D Tax Credit Practitioners…
- Intrepid Advisors is a team of technological specialists comprised of highly educated and qualified engineers, scientists, and accountants with broad industrial experience.
- We have expert knowledge of the IRS regulations relating to the research tax credit, IRC Section 41, as well as the regulations pertaining to the research credits offered by most states.
- We have extensive experience in recognizing qualified research activities and expenditures.
- Our time-proven methodology has been proven to deliver maximum benefit to our clients.
- We have conducted thousands of research tax credit studies and documented thousands of qualified research projects.
- We have extensive IRS and state audit experience, and provide our clients audit support at no cost.
- We have maintained an exceptional success rate, never having had a claim denied.
- We work directly with our clients and their accounting firm.
- Our process saves valuable time and resources within the engineering and finance departments.
- Our “fixed fee” rates are very competitive, and based on an estimate of time and resources necessary for each specific project.
- Our fees are NOT based on a percentage of the tax credit.
- Our clients always realize a generous return on investment.
- We do not require clients to sign long-term contracts.
- Our performance, success rate and quality of service result in high client loyalty.