Business Development Manager (Bethlehem, PA Region)
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is an energetic sales executive who works with the Director of the Mid-Atlantic region to expand the company’s sales growth in the region. The work of the BDM involves consultation regarding the R&D Tax Credit with clients and prospective clients, representatives and supporting agents, and CPA partners for the purpose of introducing eligible companies to the credit, conducting assessments and analysis as well as preparing proposals.
The BDM is entrepreneurial by nature, a capable and effective networker, and is deeply committed to outstanding client satisfaction. Additionally, the BDM possesses a desire to learn and stay up to date of the ever-changing governance of the R&D tax credit and related federal and state tax matters.
Drawing on knowledge relating to product development, manufacturing and/or software development, the BDM will conduct introductory meetings with senior company executives regarding the company’s business services as well as information discovery meetings.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Works directly with affiliated companies, including industrial and commercial organizations, accounting firms and other associated businesses to expand existing sales channels and client bases.
- Schedules, introduces and meets with business owners and C-level managers of enterprises conducting development products, fabrication processes, and software to effectively communicate the company’s services as well as the benefits of the R&D Tax Credit.
- Builds on the company’s strong existing relationships as well as identify and take advantage of new business opportunities.
- Maintains client and prospective client information using company’s information system.
- Closes business orders at a level equal to or exceeding the company’s objectives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Excellent habits of personal time management
- Team player with exceptional personal traits relating to client and staff relations, positive attitude, self-confidence, integrity and image.
- Capacity to make sound decisions independently and under time-sensitive conditions
- Strong computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of Salesforce or another CRM is helpful but not required
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in business or a technical field
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience
- Background in sales, software, or engineering experience preferred
- Employment references required
At Intrepid Advisors, we’re always looking for great people!
Do you enjoy a challenge and working in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to put your skills to work to make a positive difference in our nation? If you answered yes, then we want to hear from you.
As one of the leading R&D tax credit advisory firms in the U.S., we recognize the need to invest in our employees and to provide a supportive, team-based environment for learning, growth and advancement.
If you’re looking for a company that will challenge you and provide you the opportunity to work with a seasoned team of technology and accounting experts while helping America’s industries and our nation’s place in the global economy, then Intrepid Advisors could be the place for you.
Intrepid Advisors is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.