- Chemical Engineering
- Clothing & Apparel
- Cosmetics and Skincare
- Digital Imaging
- Distribution & Logistics
- Energy and Gas
- Engineering Services
- Food Manufacturing
- Industrial Machinery
- Injection Molding
- Medical Devices
- Metal Fabrication
- Plastics & Rubber
- Precast Concrete
The Engineering and Construction industry utilizes new materials and methodologies to create quality structures that are attractive, energy-efficient, and require less maintenance. In the meantime, federal, state and municipal governments are continually at work revising building codes and other requirements that challenge architects and engineers to be increasingly innovative in their efforts. To meet the challenges and remain competitive, companies in this industry endeavor to devise suitable technical solutions to complex problems relating to bridges, dams, roadways, buildings and other structural objects. Examples of Engineering and Construction activities that present R&D tax credit opportunities include:
- Developing architectural designs and construction techniques to satisfy new federal vibration and earthquake resistance requirements
- Developing prototype building facing systems for testing and validation
- Devising improved hazmat storage systems, pump buildings, power sub-systems, etc.
- Exploring newer and better methods for HazMat storage, pump buildings, power substations, etc.
- Developing new polymer roofing systems, including waterproofing methods, membranes and sealants
- Analyzing and remediating ground contamination problems
- Industry : Construction
- Annual Revenue: $10-$25 Million
- Employees: 50-75
R&D Tax Credits
- Federal R&D Tax Credit: $109,313
- State R&D Tax Credit: $14,342
How Can Intrepid Advisors Help?
Intrepid Advisors has an experienced and practical approach for guiding our clients in the Engineering and Construction industry through the R&D tax credit process. Our team of specialized professionals go above and beyond to provide the peace of mind that comes with having a highly detailed study outlining all qualified research activities. We ensure each client is carefully analyzed as a candidate to receive the R&D tax credit. Intrepid Advisors’ engineering and financial teams are equipped with the educational background and knowledge to work with a multitude of industries.