The Engineering and Construction industry utilizes new materials and methodologies to create quality structures that are attractive, energy-efficient, and require less maintenance. In the meantime, federal, state and municipal governments are continually at work revising building codes and other requirements that challenge architects and engineers to be increasingly innovative in their efforts. To meet the challenges and remain competitive, companies in this industry endeavor to devise suitable technical solutions to complex problems relating to bridges, dams, roadways, buildings and other structural objects. Examples of Engineering and Construction activities that present R&D tax credit opportunities include:
- Developing architectural designs and construction techniques to satisfy new federal vibration and earthquake resistance requirements
- Developing prototype building facing systems for testing and validation
- Exploring newer and better methods for HazMat storage, pump buildings, power substations, etc.
- Developing new polymer roofing systems, including waterproofing methods, membranes and sealants
- Analyzing and remediating ground contamination problems
Businesses in the Construction industry are likely candidates to receive cash benefits from an R&D tax credit study. Intrepid Advisors' experts can deliver maximum benefits for each tax year.
$10 - $25 Million
50 - 75
R&D Tax Credits
Federal R&D Tax Credit:
State R&D Tax Credit: