Connecticut R&D Tax Credit Summary
CT R&D Tax Credit Available
Deadline for Tax Filing
Due with Connecticut Tax Return
Data Required to Compute Credit
- Claim Period Qualified R&D Expenses (QREs)
- Qualified Research Expenses for Prior 1 Year
RC: 15 Years
CT R&D Credit Summary
Two credits are available for Connecticut (RC and RDC). The R&D tax credit equals:
- Incremental - RC: Multiply 20% of the excess of the qualified research and experimental expenses during the current claim year over the qualified research and experimental expenses during the prior year.
- Non-incremental - RDC: 6% of its research and development expenses. (Eligible for Qualified Small Businesses only)
- CT Non-incremental R&D credit (RDC) is only eligible for Qualified Small Businesses.
- Qualified Small Business is defined as a company that has gross income of less than $100M in the previous income year.
CT Research Tax Credit
Important Links and Forms:
Contact Us for a No-Cost
Assessment of your Federal
Talk to our Expert