R&D Tax Credit Available:
C-Corporation, S-Corporations, LLCs, Partnerships
Deadline for Tax Filing:
Due with Hawaii Tax Return
Data Required to Compute Credit:
- Claim Period Hawaii Qualified R&D Expenses (QREs)
- Claim Period Federal Qualified R&D Expenses (QREs)
None - excess is refundable
R&D Credit Summary:
The R&D tax credit equals the amount of federal tax credit from Form 6765 multiplied by the percentage of eligible research expenses attributable to HI
- Every qualified high technology businesses (QHTB) must submit a written, certified statement identifying any qualified expenditures made and the amount of the tax credits claimed during the taxable year to the Director of Taxation before March 31 of the year following the taxable year when the qualified investments or expenditures were made.
- The deadline to claim the credit, including amended claims, is 12 months after the close of the taxable year.
- Effective July 1, 2013, QHTBs that claim the credit must complete and file an annual survey with the Department of Business, Economic Development, and Tourism (DBEDT) by June 30 of each year.