R&D Tax Credit Available:
C-Corporations, S-Corporations, LLCs, Partnerships
Deadline for Tax Filing:
Application due by 6/30
Data Required to Compute Credit:
- Claim Period Qualified R&D Federal Wages
- Claim Period Qualified R&D NH Wages
R&D Credit Summary:
The New Hampshire research credit equals 10% of qualified research and development expenditures and can not exceed $50,000
- Effective July 1, 2017, the New Hampshire Legislation increased the award to $7,000,000 to fund the research and development credit program.
- The business organization may take the credit awarded by the Department against business taxes due within the subsequent five taxable periods following the taxable period during which the qualified manufacturing research and development expenditures occurred, by attaching a copy of the R&D Award Letter to its business tax return.
- The credit is first applied against the Business Profits Tax. Any remainder may be applied against the Business Enterprise Tax.