R&D Tax Credit Available:
No - Expired 12/31/2017
C-Corporations, S-Corporations, LLCs, Partnerships
Deadline for Tax Filing:
Due with Oregon Tax Returns
Data Required to Compute Credit:
- Claim Period Oregon Qualified R&D Expenses (QREs)
- Gross Receipts for Prior 4 Years
- Claim Period Oregon Sales Amount
R&D Credit Summary:
There are two methods to calculate credit:
- Method 1 - Credit based on federal computation: 5% of the excess of the taxpayer’s total Oregon QREs for the taxable year over the base amount
- Method 2 - Credit Based on Oregon Sales: 5% of the amount of expenses that exceed 10% of Oregon sales.
- The ASC method is available for OR credit
- Tax can be claimed for tax years beginning on or after January 1, 1989 and before January 1, 2018.